- 11oz Good Quality Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- Place some water into a large saucepan over medium heat and place a large heat-proof bowl on top of the saucepan not letting the water touch the bowl. You are creating a make-shift double broiler.
- Put chocolate, butter, and cream in the bowl. Let sit for a few minutes without touching. Remove from heat and whisk until fully combined. Let sit for 15 minutes to cool off.
- Add Bailey's to the chocolate mixture and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish, cover, and set in the fridge for 2 1/2- 3 hours to set.
- Use a small cookie scoop or melon baller to scoop the truffle mixture. If the mixture has chilled for too long it might need to sit at room temperature to make it easier to roll. Place the balls on a wax paper-lined tray. Once all scooped roll truffles into balls and roll in cocoa powder or melted chocolate. Store in a cool environment, I prefer the fridge.
Recipe adapted from: Bakers Royale
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baileys chocolate truffles, baileys truffles,