- 208 grams (1 2/3 Cups) Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Baileys Irish Cream (You could use the non-alcoholic creamer instead)
- 1/2 Recipe of Baileys Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C and line a standard size muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld mixer beat the butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another 3 minutes. Mix in the sour cream for one minute. Gently fold in half of the flour mixture, mix until just combined then add Baileys Irish cream, mix in remaining flour until just combined. Scoop batter into cupcake liners so they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until fully baked- check by pressing the top center lightly if the cake springs back its done baking or use a toothpick inserted in the center when it has no wet batter the cupcakes are done.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 18
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baileys cupcake recipe, baileys irish cream dessert, irish cream cupcake recipe