Apple Bundt Cake
- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 250 grams (1 1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Applesauce
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 270-290 grams (2 Medium-Large) Cooking Apples*, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp are my favorite to use and I like to do 1 cup shredded and 1 cup diced
- 3oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 110 grams (1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon) Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves.
- In another large bowl whisk together the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugars, applesauce, and eggs. Making sure to whisk until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mix until just combined, add the apples and mix until just combined, over mixing can create a tough cake.
- Pour apple cake batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Depending on the shape of your bundt pan your cake may be wider or taller, a wider cake pan will bake quicker than a taller bundt pan. Let cool in cake pan for 10 minutes then invert into a wire rack.
- In a large pot add the butter and brown sugar. Whisk constantly over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add one tablespoon of cream at a time.
- Whisk each tablespoon of cream until it's fully combined then add the next. Let the mixture come to a roaring boil for 2-3 minutes. Let the sauce sit in the pot and thicken for 10-15 minutes, mixing every so often.
- Using a spoon gently drizzle the sauce all over the cake. Store cake in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
*Cooking Apples: Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, Braeburn, Cortland
Freezing: You can totally freeze the apple bundt cake but I would not suggest freezing the toffee sauce. To freeze the cake let it cool completely then wrap in plastic wrap, tightly, then wrap it again. This helps avoid any freezer burn. Let the cake thaw on the counter overnight. You can also freeze individual slices of cake the same way. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly, twice, then store in a freezer-safe container like a plastic bag. To thaw let a slice sit on the counter at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple bundt cake recipe, fall bundt cake