Sweet almond flour cookies are made with simple ingredients. Step-by-step photos help you make these traditional Italian cookies. The perfect hostess gift or treat with a cup of tea!
- 2 Large Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 288 Grams (3 Cups) Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Liqueur, I used Disaranno
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner. Preheat oven to 325F/ 163C.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electrical whisk or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment add the egg whites. Whisk on medium speed for a 3-5 minutes, until they are thick and foamy.
- While egg white are mixing in a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, sugar, and salt, set aside. In two small bowls add the powdered sugar and graulated sugar seperatley, this is where you will roll the almond cookie dough.
- Add in the almond extract and vanilla extract to the egg whites. Gently fold in the almond flour mixture and almond liqueur. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop balls. Roll each ball into the granulated sugar first then into teh powdered sugar. Place each ball on the prepared cookie sheet then use two fingers to gently press the balls down to slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, if you want a chewier cookie then bake closer to 25, if you want a crunchier cookie. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Cookies are best served wtihin 2-3 days, the longer they sit the crunchier they will get.
Keywords: amaretti cookie recipe, italian almond cookies, almond flour cookies