- 8oz (1 Cup) Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 313 grams (2 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 35 grams (1/2 Cup) Sliced Almonds
- 13oz Jar of Raspberry Jam, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil then spray with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes, make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined. The butter/sugar mixture should be light and fluffy when you are done.
- Mix in the egg and extracts until fully combined. Mix in the flour and salt until just combined. Take 2/3 t0 3/4 of the shortbread batter and press it into an even layer into the prepared pan. Bake for 10- 12 minutes, just until set, and the edges will be going slightly golden brown.
- While the crust is baking add the almonds to the remaining shortbread and mix to combine.
- Once the crust has finished par-baking add the raspberry jam in an even layer, I like to use a cookie scoop to plop the jam down then used an angled spatula to spread it into an even layer. Crumble the almond/shortbread mixture on top.
- Bake for an additional 37-42 minutes, the top should be golden brown and the jam should be bubbling. Remove pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool before slicing. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond raspberry jam bars, raspberry jam shortbread bars, raspberry jam bars, berry shortbread bars