- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 grams (Scant Cup) Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 grams (scant 1/2 cup) Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 4oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together.
- Take off of the heat, let sit for 5 minutes then whisk in the oil and vanilla. The oil may not be completely combined but go ahead and add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the almond flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 30-33 minutes, but I would start checking at 29 minutes for your oven. Don't over bake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond flour brownies, gluten free brownies, brownie recipe with almond flour