Moist Chocolate Cake Layers are filled with a white chocolate mousse, milk chocolate mousse and dark chocolate mousse then topped with a chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. This is a chocolate lovers dream cake! Perfect for your next birthday cake or special dinner treat!
- 400 Grams (2 Cups) Granulated Sugar
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 90 Grams (3/4 Cup) Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Whole Milk
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Sour Cream
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 16oz Raspberries, cleaned
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease two 9 inch round pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream mix until fully combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
Chocolate Cream Filling
- Once cakes are cool melt chocolate- dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips in individual bowls. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment mix together the first 3 cups of heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Divide into three equal parts. Fold in milk chocolate into one part, dark chocolate into second whipped cream and the white chocolate into the last bit of whipped cream.
- To make ganache in a small saucepan heat heavy cream for 4-6 minutes. In a medium-sized bowl pour in chocolate chips and pour heavy cream on top of chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes then stir until completely combined. The hot cream will melt the chocolate. Once combined set aside.
- Cut the two cakes in half and on a serving platter/cake plate place the first layer of chocolate cake, spread with white chocolate whipped cream, place next cake layer followed by milk chocolate whipped cream then a chocolate cake layer then the dark chocolate whipped cream then a chocolate cake layer. Then spread chocolate ganache on top and let drizzle down the sides. Place raspberries on top and store in the fridge.
Keywords: triple chocolate cake recipe, chocolate layer cake recipe, easy chocolate cake