Salted Caramel Tres Leches Cake is drenched with Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, Half & Half and Salted Caramel finished with homemade Salted Caramel. You will love this recipe, perfect for a special taco Tuesday or even Cinco de Mayo!
- 210 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Cake Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 Large Eggs, Separated, at room temp.
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Salted Caramel
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 12oz Evaporated Milk
- 14oz Condensed Milk
- 8oz Half & Half
- 4 oz Salted Caramel
- 12 oz (1 1/2 Cups) Heavy Cream
- 5 oz Salted Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake flour, salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk the egg whites on high. Until stiff peaks form. Then add to a clean bowl.
- Using the same electric mixer bowl with a paddle fitting add the butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add in granulated sugar and mix for 3-5 minute until the butter and granulated sugar are fully combined. Then add the salted caramel. Add in the egg yolks one at a time then the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, mixing until just combined. Fold in egg whites. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 22-26 minutes, until when touched the cake bounces back.
- Let cool on wire rack. Once completely cool prepare the milk soak.
- In a large bowl combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, half & half and salted caramel.
- Using a skewer or fork poke the cake many times. The more holes the better. Then pour the milk soak evenly over the whole cake.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the whipped cream and 3oz salted caramel. Beat until stiff peaks form. Then spread on top of the cake. Drizzle remaining salted caramel. This cake is best if it sits in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Serve cold.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: baking, tres leches cake, salted caramel dessert, mexican dessert, birthday cake, sweet and salty