- 1lb Rhubarb, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 50 grams (1/2 Cup) Cup Rolled Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 125 grams (1 Cup) Roasted Walnuts
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and get an 8 -9-inch plate ready.
- Clean and cut your rhubarb into one and a half inch pieces. Add the rhubarb and brown sugar to a medium size pot and cook over low heat.
- In a small bowl combine corn starch and lemon juice, whisk to combine until it is a smooth slurry with no lumps. Once the brown sugar is fully melted add the slurry and cook over medium heat for roughly 5 minutes, mixing the whole time. The rhubarb mix should have thickened and look shiny. Add the rhubarb mixture to the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a large bowl mix together and all-purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and salt. Add the roasted walnuts. Next, add the chunks of butter and use your hand to rub the butter into the dry mixture. It is done when you have a thick coarse meal texture.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the rhubarb is bubbling up the sides. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Best served with heavy cream, Birds custard, or ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: rhubarb dessert, rhubarb crisp, rhubarb crumble