The perfect fall treat for a party! A delicious oat pecan shortbread crust is filled with a creamy pumpkin filling, then topped with a crumble and butterscotch chips.
- 167 Grams (1 1/3 Cup) All-Purpose Flour / Plain Flour
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Salted Butter, cold and cubed
- 100 Grams (1 Cup) Quick- Cooking Oats*
- 63 Grams (1/2 Cup) Pecans
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temerature
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 150z Pure Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice**
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 75 Grams (1/2 Cup) Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a 9 X 13 inch pan with foil extending over the edges and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, granulted sugar, and brown sugar. With a pastry blender or two knives mix in the cold butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in the oats and chopped pecans.
- Set aside 1 cup of oat mixture. Press the rest of the oat shortbread mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking make the filling. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachement or a large bowl with a hand held mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar and vanilal extract, beat until fully combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until fully combined and smooth, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure it is all evenly combined. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture and butterscotch chips on top.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, until the filling is completely set. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then chill in the fridge for two hours before slicing.
*You can use Rolled Oats I just belnd them for 20 seconds to break them up a bit
**You can subsitute 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger, and 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
Keywords: pie bars, pumpkin recipe, fall dessert