Just like pretzel chocolate chip cookies but easier and quicker. One bowl, one pan, one baking time, these bars are all the good things about cookies without all the fuss and time. Pretzel crusted these sweet and salty bars are perfect for a midnight snack. A la mode is even better 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup pretzel bits, crushed
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temp
- 1 cup ap flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 scant cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8X8 baking dish with foil and grease heavily.
- In a medium bowl mix, together crushed pretzels and 6 tbsp melted butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- In the same bowl mix together 1/2 cup melted butter and sugars. Add in vanilla extract and egg until combined. Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks and M&M's, I reserved a few to sprinkle on top of batter. Bake for 24-26 minutes, until light and golden brown.
Keywords: sweet and salty blondies, pretzel and m&m cookies