With the help of browned butter for flavor, an extra yolk for a chewiness, milk chocolate for sweetness, these really are my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cornstarch/ Corn flour
- 14 Tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tabelspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch together and set aside. To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix until fully combined. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet, I clumped my dough into 2 tbsp-ish mounds. I don’t roll the cookie dough into a ball, instead, make it taller. This creates a thicker cookie
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit undercooked.
Keywords: brown butter cookie recipe, Christmas cookie plate