This recipe for peanut butter frosting is one you'll keep forever. Creamy and fluffy this buttercream is full of peanut butter for a finger-licking good frosting. Perfect on chocolate cake, cookies, or brownies!
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Butter, softened to room temperature
- 8.2oz (1 Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) Confectioners/ Powdered Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or large bowl with a hand held mixer beat the butter and peanunt butter together for 5 full minutes until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the powdered sugar to prevent any lumps and add half to butter. Beat for 2 minutes then add the remaining powdered sugar, cream, vanilla, and salt and mix for 3 more minutes.
- Spread or pipe frosting. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, let come to room temperature and mix before using.
Keywords: peanut butter buttercream, peanut butter icing, peanut butter frosting recipe