- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 6oz Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar, butter, and orange zest for 3-4 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, waiting until each is fully combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix in orange juice, sour cream, and buttermilk.
- Add half of the dry ingredients mix to just combine then add all of the wet ingredients and finally mix in the remaining dry ingredients with the cranberries just until combined.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting the glaze.
- While the cake is cooling prepare orange glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in the fridge to last longer.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry orange loaf, orange cranberry bread