Lemon Loaf Cake
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 250 grams (1 1/4 Cups) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 6oz (3/4 Cup/ 1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Powdered/ Confectioner's Sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Splash of Milk
Lemon Loaf Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld electric mixer combine sugar, butter, and lemon zest for 3-4 minutes, make sure to scrape the bowl down halfway through, we want a really light and fluffy mixture.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice and Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Gently fold the in dry mixture until just almost combined then fold in Greek yogurt. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- While the cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and a splash of milk. Drizzle on top of the cooled cake. Let glaze set for a few minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon quick bread, lemon dessert recipes