Brown Sugar and Oat Crumble Crust and Topping filled with a sweet, tart creamy lemon filling. These Lemon Crumb bars are a great alternative to traditional lemon bars. Great for an afternoon treat, dessert or even for your next bake sale!
- 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 156 Grams (1 1/4 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 100 Grams (1 Cup) Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8X8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, salt, and butter. Mix with a fork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press half of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, set the rest of the crust aside and prepare the filling as the crust bakes.
- In a medium-size bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Take the crust out of the oven and creamy lemon mixture on top of the crust use a spatula to spread into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture on top of the lemon cream and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and around the edges. Let cool and slice into bars. Store leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from: Group Recipes
Keywords: lemon crumble bars, lemon oat bars, creamy lemon bars