This thick and creamy Gingerbread Cheesecake is perfect for the holidays. Full of warm spices, a speculoos cookie crust and fresh whipped cream this cheesecake will be the start of the meal! Easily made ahead of time so no stress for you!
- 7oz Biscoff Biscuits, finely crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 16oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 150 Grams (3 /4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 1.5oz Molasses
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grond Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 8oz (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder (Optional, but it make the cream stabilized and hold its shape)
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan (affiliate link) set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the Biscoff Biscuits until they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add brown sugar and all of the spices then beat for another 2 minutes. Add sour cream, molasses, vanilla extract, and lemon zest mixing until fully combined.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk, mix until just combined. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place the 6-inch springform pan in a 9-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan (affiliate link) and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve the cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer and chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like to pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Biscoff Biscuits on top. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in the fridge.
*You can double the recipe for a 9-inch Cheesecake
Keywords: how to make gingerbread cheesecake, easy gingerbread cheesecake, christmas cheesecake