Easy and delicious double chocolate zucchini bread is like magic, you'll swear you are eating chocolate cake! The zucchini hides perfectly in the loaf cake and provides the best moisture. Step-by-step photos help you make this easy chocolate loaf cake.
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Zucchini, Packed
- 125 grams (1 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 63 grams (1/2 Cup) Cocoa Powder ( I prefer Dutch Process)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 170 grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in shredded zucchini.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently use a spatula to fold in the dry ingredients until just almost combined, then add in chocolate chips and stir a few times to combine, but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 43-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no wet batter. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
To shred the zucchini use a cheese grater
Keywords: zucchini chocolate bread, chocolate zucchini cake,