This Crack Cake recipe is easy and delicious. A yellow cake mix is doctored up, baked to golden brown perfection, and topped with a luscious wine glaze.
- 15.25oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Small Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Water
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 40z (1/2 Cup) White Wine
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Salted Butter
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 10-cup Bundt Pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix together all cake ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until when you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake it comes out with no wet batter. Place cake on a wire rack to cool.
- Immediatley after cake is done in a small pot combine all glaze ingredients and cook over meidum heat for 3-4 minutes. Use a skewer or thin metal piece to poke holes all over the cake. Pour the glaze on top and let cake chill for 1 hour.
The alcohol in the wine is cooked out so you can serve it to anyone! 🙂
Recipe every so slightly adapted from: Cook Heavenly Recipes
Keywords: crack cake recipe, doctored up cake mix, cake mix recipe