This Crack Cake recipe is easy and delicious. A yellow cake mix is doctored up, baked to golden brown perfection, and topped with a luscious wine glaze.
- 15.25oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Small Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Water
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) White Wine
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Salted Butter
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 10-cup Bundt Pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix together all cake ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until when you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake it comes out with no wet batter. Place cake on a wire rack to cool.
- Immediately after the cake is done in a small pot combine all glaze ingredients and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Use a skewer or thin metal piece to poke holes all over the cake. Pour the glaze on top and let the cake rest for 1 hour before placing a serving plate on top of the cake and inverting it out of the pan. Store leftovers in the fridge.
The alcohol in the wine is cooked out so you can serve it to anyone! 🙂
Recipe every so slightly adapted from: Cook Heavenly Recipes
Keywords: crack cake recipe, doctored up cake mix, cake mix recipe