- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Cookie Butter
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 180 grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Cookie Butter
- Sea Salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a square 8-inch baking pan with foil then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Then mix in the egg and egg yolk, mix until fully incorporated. Mix in cookie butter, whisk until fully combined.
- Then fold in the dry ingredients, once almost combined mix in the chocolate chips. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan then scoop the remaining, 2oz (1/4 cup) of cookie butter into the prepared pan and use a knife to swirl it around. I used my 0.5 tablespoon scoop. Add the remaining cookie dough and spread it into an even layer.
- Add sea salt in a heavy sprinkling on bake for 24-29 minutes until set and golden brown. If you insert a toothpick it should come out with no wet crumbs. Let cool for at least thirty minutes before slicing, store leftovers in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet and salty dessert, cookie butter recipes