- 125 grams (1 1/4 Cups) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 24oz cream cheese completely softened to room temp.
- 150 grams (3/4 cup + 1 1/2 Tablespoons) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3.5oz (1/3 cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Whole Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Largee Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 130 grams (3/4 Cup) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Whipped Cream Homemade or Store-bought
- Handful of Mini Chocolate Chips for sprinkling on top
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan (affiliate link) set aside. Preheat oven to 325F/162C. In a food processor, crush the graham crackers till they become a fine crumb. In a large bowl add the graham crackers and granulated sugar mixing to combine then add the melted butter and press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5-8 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 2 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes on low-medium speed. Add heavy cream, sour cream, and vanilla extract mixing until fully combined again on low-medium speed. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until just combined, do not over mix. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Create a water bath by placing the 8-inch pan in a 9-inch (or 10-inch) cake pan- place the cake pan in the roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. I use my Thermapen MK4 to check the internal temperature has reached 145F/ 63C. Turn oven off and let cool in the oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and let cool on the counter for 45 minutes to an hour. Finally, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and use an offset spatula to gently loosen the crust from the side of the pan, then release the springform pan.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, I used my homemade recipe and piped with a Wilton 1M tip. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 75
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake recipe, chocolate chip cake, chocolate cheesecake