Thick, chewy brownies filled with a layer of cheesecake swirled throughout. These cheesecake brownies are perfect for your next party or bake sale.
- 1 Recipe for Brownies (or Box Mix 8 or 9 inch size)
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 67 Grams (1/3 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line an 8 or 9 inch pan with foil and heavily grease the pan. The foil overhangs and will help you pull the brownies out of the pan later.
- Prepare brownie batter and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electrical mixer or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attatchement beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. If your cream cheese is not softened enough it will be lumpy.
- Add the sugar and mix for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is fully combined. Next add the vanilla and egg, mix until fully combined, the mixture may look furdled at first but keep mixing.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the prepared pan then pour the cheesecake batter on top in an even layer. Finally, use a small scoop or two spoons to scoop chunks of the remaining brownie batter on top. Then use a dinner knife to first swirl the brownie batter into the cheesecake, I first go horizontal then vertical, don’t over mix or you will lose the distinctive swirls.
- Bake the brownies for 33-38 minutes, you can use a toothpick inserted in the center to check for any wet batter, only moist crumbs are okay. Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before using the foil to remove. Store leftover brownies in the refigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: cream cheese brownies, how to make cheesecake brownies