These deliciously sweet brown butter bars are made with a yellow cake mix and a cream cheese topping! You only need a small bite of these Ooey Gooey Brown Butter Bars so the recipe serves many!
- 1- 15.25oz Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, browned (How to make Brown Butter)
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1-8oz block cream cheese completely softened to room temperature
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 360 Grams (3 Cups) Confectioners Sugar/ Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 pan with foil and grease, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cake mix, brown butter, and egg, mix until fully combined. Press into prepared pan, I like to use a spatula to help me get an even layer.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 2 minutes, add in eggs and vanilla extract beating until combined. Add in powdered sugar, beat until combined. Pour batter on top of crust and bake for 40-45 minutes, you want the middle to be set but still a bit jiggly. Let cool completely before cutting.
Recipe Adapted From Tablespoon
Keywords: cake mix recipe, brown butter cake bars