- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Salted Butter
- 4.25oz (1 Cup) Confectioners Sugar/ Powdered Sugar
- 3-5 Tablespoons Brandy
- In an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric whisk cream together the butter until light and fluffy.
- Carefully sift in the confectioner's sugar and mix on low until incorporated then increase the speed and mix for a few minutes.
- Beat in the brandy, one tablespoon at a time until fully combined, taste after 3, and see if you want more. If you mix all the brandy in at first you risk the mixture curdling, if this happens add some more sugar to help bring it back to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Store in an air-tight container or cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge to harden, at least an hour. I prefer to add my brandy butter to a large piece of wax paper and roll it up like a candy twist, then I can slice off a piece of brandy butter easily whenever I need it. This can be made up to a week in advance or frozen for up to a month.
If you are using this to serve with your Christmas pudding then pull it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving so you serve the pudding with a dollop of room temperature brandy butter
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: how to make brandy butter, easy brandy butter recipe