- 250 grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 50 grams (1/2 Cup) Quick-Cooking Oats
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
- 5.3oz (2/3 Cup)Whole Milk or 2%
- 2.6oz (1/3 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Tart Apple, cut into small chunks (mine came out to 1 1/2 cups)
- 63 grams (1/2 Cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 25 grams (1/4 Cup) Rolled Oats
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves
- 4oz (8 Tablespoons) Butter, at room temp.
- 150 grams (1 Heaping Cup) Confectioners/Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoons Maple Extract
- 1 Tablespoons Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C and heavily grease a 12 cup standard muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, quick oats, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks.
- To make streusel topping in a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Use clean fingers to rub the butter in to the dry streusel ingredients. You want clumps of streusel.
- Fill muffin pans all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an addition 13- 15 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thick add a teaspoon of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Drizzle on top of muffins. Best eaten on the day they are made, but leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: costco muffin recipe, maple apple recipe