Apple Muffins with Maple Glaze is a copycat of the old Costco muffins. Moist, fluffy, apple and spice filled muffins topped with streusel and drizzled with a maple glaze. This tasty apple muffin recipe is perfect for your brunch table!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 milk
- 1/3 oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large apple, cut into small chunks (mine came out to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup oats
- Pinch cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, quick oats, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks.
- To make streusel topping in a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Fill muffin pans all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thin add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Drizzle on top of muffins.
Keywords: costco muffin recipe, maple apple recipe