- 1 Recipe Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 94 grams (1 Cup) Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 2 Small/Medium Apples, thinly sliced ( I use Granny Smith)
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Turbinado Sugar
- Prepare the sweet shortcrust pastry up until baking. This is the tart pan I use it is 9.5 inch X 1 inch. Cover with foil and fill with pie weights to blind bake it halfway. Bake at 375F/191C for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking in a large bowl with a handheld mixer or a bowl of a stand mixer add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Beat on high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between add the vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently fold in the almond flour and all-purpose flour, mixing until just combined.
- When the shortbread crust has baked for 15 minutes take it out of the oven and gently remove foil and pie weights. Add the frangipane filling and use an offset spatula to gently spread into an even layer. Place the thinly sliced apples on top, I do one row three rows of apples, with the middle row facing the opposite way of the two outside rows. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top
- Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer wet on top. Let the tart cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before taking out the tin. Dust with confections sugar, Serve on its own or with fresh whipped cream or ice cream and save leftovers in an airtight container.
I like to check my tart at 20 minutes and if the outsides are browning too quickly I will place pieces of lightly greased foil to cover the crust of the tart- see the photo in post.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: apple almond tart, frangipane tart with apples,