- 1/2 cup Roasted Almond Slices
- 207 grams (1 2/3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 4oz (1 sticks/1/2 Cup) Unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 1 Tablespoons Almond Liqueur, I use Disarrano
- 1 cups Chocolate Chips or Chunks ( I prefer chopping chocolate bars for a more melty, gooey chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place almonds on a small baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted, tossing halfway through. Set almonds aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium for around 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and almond liqueur making sure to mix until fully combined.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients then stir in the roasted almonds and chocolate chunks or chips.
- Scoop 1.5 tbsp size cookies, place them in an airtight container on a sheet pan covered in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours- 24 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. Place the cookie balls two inches apart on to the prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
If chilling the dough for longer than 2 hours let the dough sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before baking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate almond cookies, almond cookies, chocolate chunk cookies