Soft, tender, dense, and full of lemon-lime flavor this 7Up Pound cake is an easy cake recipe you will love! The perfect cake to feed a crowd!
- 12oz (1 1/2 Cups) Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 500 Grams (3 Cups) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 5 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 375 Grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) 7-Up Soda
- Zest of 1 Medium Lemon
- Zest of 1 Small Lime or 3 Small Key Limes
- 1oz () Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2oz () Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 3–3 1/2 Tablespoons 7-Up Soda
- Preheat oven to 315F/157C and grease a 10 cup Bundt Pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a hand held mixer beat the butter for 2-3 minutes, until very light and fluffy. Add the granulated sugar and beat for another 6-8 minutes, the mixture will become very thick and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Gently fold in the flour then gently add the 7-Up, zest, and fresh juices.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 8 Minutes- 1 Hour 12 Minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and if a knife is inserted not wet batter comes out
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before inverting on to a serving plate. Let cool completely before glazing the cake.
- In a small bowl sift the powdered sugar then add the 7-Up Soda, whisk to combine. Use a spoon to drizzle over cake.
- Store the cake in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: soda cake, 7-Up cake, 7-Up dessert