- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small box vanilla pudding
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix together and set aside.
- To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until fully combined and continue to beat for 5 full minutes. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Either cover with plastic wrap and chill in bowl inside the fridge for 2 hours or roll out the balls and place on a flat sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpt liner, if using. If you have already rolled dough then just place dough balls on sheet or roll out dough into 3 tbsp size balls. I use a cookie scoop to create uniform cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine baked for 11 minutes exactly, you want the dough to be set but still shiny and not completely set, this creates a chewier soft cookie. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie.