Homemade Roasted Banana Pudding, Fresh Whipped Cream, Salted Caramel, Fresh Bananas and Biscoff Cookies make this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (or more or less) fleur de sel (sea salt)
- 1 Large Bananas
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 3 Cups Half & Half
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2.5 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 8-12 Biscoff Cookies
- 4 Large Bananas
- In a thick bottomed heavy saucepan cook the sugar on low-medium heat. Using a whisk the sugar frequently. The sugar will begin to turn to an amber color.
- Watch the sugar carefully as it can burn quite easily. Once it reaches 350F add all of the butter whisking quickly to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in heavy cream.
- Mix in salt and let cool.
- Once cool pour into an air tight container. A mason jar, plastic container, reused spaghetti sauce jar..etc. Store in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place 1 banana on a baking sheet and bake until fully black about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the 1/4 of the granulated sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch, mixing until smooth and a pale yellow color.
- In a large over medium heat add half &half, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and salt simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved. Whisk a few tablespoons of the half&half mixture into the yolk mixture to temper the eggs. Then slowly pour the remaining egg yolk mixture into the half& half.
- Continue to cook the mixture over low- medium heat whisking constantly until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat an stir in the butter and vanilla
- Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick and large bubbles appear at surface, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla bean paste.
- In a food processors add the pudding, roasted peeled banana, lemon juice and process until smooth. Pour into a clean bowl, cover with plastic wrap so that the plastic rap is touching the pudding. This prevents a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean paste until stiff peaks form.
- When ready to serve. Place 2 crushed Biscoff Cookies in the bottom a bowl then a large scoop of banana pudding, then a large scoop of whipped cream, fresh sliced bananas, drizzle as much as you want of salted caramel on top then finally crumble 1-2 Biscoff cookies on top.
*The Salted Caramel, Banana Pudding and Whipped Cream can be made a day in advance
**Total Time includes Chill Time
- Serving Size: 4-6 Individual Depending on how much