Thick and chewy chocolate brownies are filled with Heath Bars and Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. This extra sweet toffee and caramel brownies recipe is a sweet lovers dream. Easy to make this brownie recipe is great for your next special event!
- 1 stick + 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Scharffen Berger Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt or regular salt
- 1 very scant cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 20 mini Heath bars
- 1/2 salted caramel
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9X9 square baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a double boiler or just a large bowl on top of a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips together. ( I cut the butter into small cubes before adding)
- Once it is completely melted take off of the saucepan (make sure to use a towel as the bowl will be hot!)
- Whisk in cocoa powder then Let mixture sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Whisk in sugar. Mix in the eggs and add in vanilla. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan then line the mini Heath Bars and pour the salted caramel on top.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the bars and caramel. ( I used a small cookie scoop to put the batter on top, this way it’s easier to spread it evenly over the Heath Bars & Salted Caramel )
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
Keywords: caramel brownie recipe, toffee bar brownies recipe