Thick and chewy chocolate brownies are filled with Heath Bars and Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. This extra-sweet toffee and caramel brownies recipe is a sweet lover's dream. Easy to make this brownie recipe is great for your next special event!
When it comes to brownies, I like them, they are not my favorite though. But when you add salted caramel and Heath bars. Well, you would have to be mental not to like them.
I love salted caramel, I seem to always make more than I need and have extra in the cupboard. This is not a good thing. I find myself thinking up evil things like adding salted caramel to my "healthy" greek yogurt breakfast. Salted caramel calls my name "swirl me into this, into that, heck just grabs a spoon and dig in Elizabeth." I have to control myself from not bathing in it. Seriously it is dangerous when salted caramel is around.
I practiced some control and ended up eating the salted caramel. Salted Caramel Heath Bar Stuffed Brownies to be exact. These brownies are moist, oozing with salted caramel and the heath bars gives them a nice crunch. Moist, Chewy, Crunchy, Chocolate-y, Salted Caramel-y need I say more to convince you these are spectacular!
Let's get started here with chocolate and butter, two of my longtime lovers.
Start by making a "double broiler" basically get a nice large bowl and place it over a medium-sized saucepan with hot water in it. You do NOT want the bowl to touch the water. Place chocolate and butter inside the bowl. Let the chocolate and butter melt together for a few minutes on medium-low heat. Once butter and chocolate are fully melted take a towel and remove the hot bowl from the top of the saucepan. Whisk in cocoa powder and let cool for a few minutes.
Add sugar to mixture whisk to completely combine. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla extract. Mix in flour and salt just till combined.
Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and layer Heath bars evenly on top of batter.
Drizzle ½ cup of salted caramel on top of Heath Bars.
I used a cookie scoop to place the second half of the batter on top.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until the brownies do not jiggle and a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. The brownies will be gooey- that's the best part!
Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the brownies done and out of the pan. I planned on taking more later but the brownies were gone! Oops 😉
Enjoy these over the top Salted Caramel Heath Bar Stuffed Brownies 🙂
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 1 stick + 2 TBSP butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Scharffen Berger Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt or regular salt
- 1 very scant cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 20 mini Heath bars
- ½ salted caramel
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9X9 square baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a double boiler or just a large bowl on top of a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips together. ( I cut the butter into small cubes before adding)
- Once it is completely melted take off of the saucepan (make sure to use a towel as the bowl will be hot!)
- Whisk in cocoa powder then Let mixture sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Whisk in sugar. Mix in the eggs and add in vanilla. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan then line the mini Heath Bars and pour the salted caramel on top.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the bars and caramel. ( I used a small cookie scoop to put the batter on top, this way it’s easier to spread it evenly over the Heath Bars & Salted Caramel )
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel brownie recipe, toffee bar brownies recipe