I was supposed to have the day off today, but that doesn't seem to happen for me lately! Joys of being in the restaurant business I guess, so far to make up for it I have spent the night browning butter, making salted caramel, and finishing off these pumpkin blondies. Hey pumpkin is a vegetable, right? Thats what I tell myself anyways.
I really should be out running or cleaning out my closet. I am off to Vegas the first weekend of november with ma girlfriends, and I won't lie I can't wait! There is about 10 of us going so it should be a fabulous trip. Can't wait for saturday buffet with endless mimosas, one of my favorite parts of Vegas.
Enough about Vegas, I had a half can of pumpkin open leftover from this recipe. So I had to use it up.
The other week I saw some apple blondies on Shugary Sweets and I fell in love. Well I went to make the blondies but didn't have apples on hand, so I decided I would make another fall flavor, pumpkin, and still make that gorgeous caramel buttercream.
These blondies were super easy to whip up, I prefer to eat them chilled. Really good that way, my sister liked them frozen the best. Pumpkin, salted caramel, heath bits, and salted caramel buttercream? Hello does life get much better?! I think NOT!
Make these, you will enjoy them 🙂
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Delicious Pumpkin blondies topped with a caramel buttercream! The perfect fall treat!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ granulated sugar
- ¾ brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 ½ cup all purpose four
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Heath Bits
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Salted Caramel for drizzling
- ½ cup Heath Bits
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes. Add in vanilla and pumpkin. Mix in flour and baking soda just until combined, fold in heath bits. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter and powdered sugar together for 3 minutes. Add in caramel sauce and heavy cream beat until smooth. Spread on top of cooled blondies. Drizzle salted caramel on top of frosting and sprinkle Heath bits on top.
Keywords: pumpkin blondies, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin and caramel
Carmel Buttercream: Shugary Sweets