Hard Cider, Magners is the star in this recipe. The flavour is scrumptious. Not too, sweet lovely bars! Magners Blondies
My drink of choice when I go out is usually Hard Cider, and if I have the option it is Magners Irish Cider. It is so sweet and delicious, I just love it! Luckily I work at a pub where Magners is on tap! 🙂 As if there is not already enough sugar in Magners, I take it up a notch and add some Ribena to it! YUM!!
About a year ago I started experimenting in the kitchen by mixing alcohol with baked goods, chocolate rum cake, Guinness cakes, bailey's frosting, white Russian cupcakes..etc. Each recipe was amazing. So whenever I see a recipe containing alcohol I always want to give it a try! The other day I came across this recipe and could not WAIT to bake them up! I was a bit concerned the bars would not be crazy delicious as there were not add in's (chocolate chips, nuts, toffee..etc) boy was I wrong. These blondies are simple and wonderful. I cannot wait to whip up another batch!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Hard Cider, Magners is the star in this recipe. The flavour is scumptious. Not too, sweet lovely bars! Magners Blondies
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter at room temp.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup Magners Irish Cider
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X13 pan.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and brown until its a nice medium brown. You will start to smell and almost nutty flavor. Take butter off of heat and cool.
- Cream browned butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl whisk together cake flour, salt, and baking powder. Combine the dry mixture in thirds to the butter and sugar alternating with the Magners Irish Cider.
- Bake for 30 minutes rotating halfway through. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from butrcreamblondi
Keywords: boozy blondies, cider dessert recipes