Eggless Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough balls are dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. These over the top Cookie Butter Sea Salt Truffles will be the next hit at your party!
- 7oz (1 3/4 sticks/14 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 219 Grams(1 3/4 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 ish cups cookie butter/ Biscoff spread
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp Crisco Vegetable Shortening
- To brown the butter cook 10 tbsp of butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes. Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix in cookie butter until fully combined. Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill for 30 minutes. Scoop 2 tbsp or so of dough and roll it into a ball. Once all dough is rolled into balls pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips and Crisco together in 30-second increments, make sure to mix after every 30 seconds, be careful not to burn. Place wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Using a fork dip each cookie dough ball into melted chocolate, make sure to tap to remove excess chocolate. Make sure to sprinkle sea salt quickly after dipping cookie dough. After all of the cookie dough is dipped, chill in the fridge until set up. Place in an airtight container.
Keywords: cookie butter desserts, eggless cookie dough, cookie truffles