An easy moist chocolate cupcake recipe is made with a doctored up cake mix. Topped with a luscious salted caramel buttercream these Chocolate & Caramel Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting will be a hit!
- 1- 15.25oz Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1-3.9oz box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 8oz (1 cup) Milk
- 8oz (1 cup) Sour Cream
- 20 caramel filled Hershey kisses
- 2oz (1/2 a stick) Unsalted Butter
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup salted caramel
- Preheat oven to 350F and line your pans with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and sour cream.
- Scoop the batter into cupcake liners, fill about 2/3 full and poke a Hershey kiss into each cupcake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Mix on high for 2 minutes. Fold in salted caramel and mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Frost your cupcakes however you desire. Enjoy 🙂
Keywords: salted caramel buttercream, doctored up cake mix recipe