Fresh Lemon Juice, Fresh Lemon Zest, and Lemon Extract make these Chewy Lemon Cookies bursting full of lemon flavor. You will love this lemon crinkle cookie recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temp.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dunking cookies
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter for 1 minute. Add in granulated sugar, mix until combined then beat for an additional minute. Add in egg and yolk and beat for 3 minutes. Add in vanilla and lemon extracts, fresh lemon juice and zest. Continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Chill dough for at least 3 hours or up to 4 days.
- Using a cookie scoop place 2tsp of dough roll together then dunk in powdered sugar. Place on a baking sheet at 325 for 9-11 minutes until cookies are just set. Set the cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Store cookies in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: lemon recipes, crinkle cookies recipe