Flaky biscuit dough is filled with mozzarella, parmesan, asiago and if you want pepperoni too! These Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread Bites will be the first to go at your next party!
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits (5 biscuits each)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Italian Blend Cheese (Parmesan, Asiago)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Pepperoni, optional
- In a bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for two minutes and add in garlic and basil. Mix until fully combined then fold in cheese. Set bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl mix mozzarella and Italian cheese blend.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin pan.
- Cut biscuits into thirds. Flatten each third of biscuit into a disc shape. Using a 1/2 tsp spoon scoop a dollop of cream cheese mixture onto the disc, press cream cheese part of biscuit into the bowl of cheese. Then pinch the dough closed and roll ball to completely enclose. Repeat with all discs.
- Place melted butter in a bowl. Place dough ball quickly in butter then place in prepared muffin tin, one ball to one muffin slot. Sprinkle more cheese on if desired.
- Bake 16-19 minutes, until golden brown. Some balls will open up showing the gooey cheese, this is normal. Let cool for 5 minutes then devour!
Keywords: monkey bread, dough balls, pizza bites, cheese bread, pepperoni bread,