Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes, a moist Vanilla Cupcake filled with Rainbow Chips topped with a luscious Vanilla Buttercream with Rainbow Chips!
Here is my version of Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes, that are PERFECT! Well, in my
eyes tastebuds anyways! Growing up I absolutely LOVED rainbow chip cake! I could literally eat a whole cake to myself, sadly I am not exaggerating. So, I though it was about time for me to make some Homemade Rainbow Chip Cupcakes.
Boy, am I sure glad I did! The cupcakes are dense and moist. Which I LOVE! I am really not a fan of light, airy cake.
And the rainbow chips. Well chocolate +sprinkles = amazingness!
These cupcakes will definitely be made plenty of times in the future. My birthday is in a few weeks, not that I really need an excuse to make cupcakes 😉
I brought these to work for St. Paddy’s Day and let’s just say they all disappeared, Well except for the 3 that I stuffed my face with! Oops!!!!!Print
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup rainbow chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup rainbow chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners. In a microwave safe bowl microwave the butter until completely melted. Mix sugar in the melted butter and place bowl in fridge for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- Take sugar and butter mixture out of fridge. Transfer to a large bowl and add butter extract, egg, vanilla extract, milk and greek yogurt. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour streaks remain. Fold in rainbow chips. And distribute into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool start frosting. Beat butter for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar and heavy cream. Beat on low until powdered sugar is combined then beat on high for 4minutes. Fold in rainbow chips and pipe or spread onto cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction