- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 63 grams (1/2 Cup) Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (My fave is SCHARFFEN BERGER)
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 67 grams (1/3 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 12 caramels
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 250 grams (1 1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 94 grams (3/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8X8 baking pan with foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a double boiler or a large bowl that can sit on top of a saucepan melt 1 stick of butter and the chocolate chips. (You want the bowl to sit on top of the saucepan- the saucepan should have a little bit of water on low-medium heat. You do not want to bowl to touch the water) Cook until just melted. Using a dishtowel take the bowl off of the saucepan and whisk in the cocoa powder. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- While cooling, in the bowl of an electric mixer whip the cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla, and sugar. Mix until fully combined 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low cook caramels and heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
- In the chocolate mixture whisk in 1 1/4 cup sugar. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla and salt. Fold flour in, do not over mix. Pour 2/3 into a prepared pan. Scoop cheesecake mixture on top, and then scoop caramel on top. Drop spoonfuls of remaining brownie batter on top and use a knife to swirl it all together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with no wet batter. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing in.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: brownies
Keywords: caramel brownies, cheesecake brownies, caramel cheesecake brownies