A moist yellow cake is baked full of chunks of apples, baked and then poked all over and drenched in homemade caramel sauce. This dessert is delicious!
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable oil
- 3 Cups AP Flour
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Diced Apples ( I used Granny Smith)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Sticks of butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 X 13-inch pan.
- Cream together the sugar and oils. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour until fully combined.
- Fold in diced apples and sour cream
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is out of the oven immediately begin making the caramel topping
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat combine the butter, brown sugar and heavy cream. Mix constantly and let boil for 2 minutes.
- While the cake is still hot poke holes all over the cake, then pour caramel sauce all over.
Keywords: baked apple dessert, caramel apple dessert recipe