Chewy brown butter cookies are filled with Butterfinger Eggs and salty pretzels making a sweet and salty cookie of your dreams!
- 219 Grams (1 3/4 cups) All-purpose flour/ Plain flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 7oz (14 tbsp/1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 cups, packed) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temp.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temp.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfinger Eggs (regular Butterfingers are fine to use)
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- Sea Salt for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch together and set aside. To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix until fully combined. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chopped Butterfinger eggs and pretzels.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet, I clumped my dough into 2 tbsp-ish mounds. I don't roll the cookie dough into a ball, instead, make it taller. This creates a thicker cookie. Then sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit undercooked. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before transferring cookies off the pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keywords: sweet and salty cookie recipe, butterfinger desserts