Triple Chocolate Layer Cake is a moist chocolate cake filled with white, milk & dark chocolate whipped cream fillings. A luxurious chocolate ganache is poured on top of the cake and some fresh raspberries to finish the cake!
Lately at work when it’s someones birthday I insist on baking something, a cake, cookies, bars…etc. Any excuse to bake really. So when some of my co workers knew I was going to be away they made sure to let me know they would be missing out on their birthday treat. Well I couldn’t let that happen! So I decided to make a cake before I left.
This cake was delicious, over the top and everything I LOVE. I made my favorite chocolate cake and filled it with white chocolate whipped cream, milk chocolate whipped cream and dark chocolate whipped cream then topped it with a chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. When I brought it in everyone thought I was nuts. Hello who doesn’t love chocolate? Weirdos that’s who.
It’s been a few weeks since I tasted this gorgeous cake but I salivate at the thought of the richness of this cake. I am in England now relaxing at my nan’s house. Being sure to get my fill of Fish N Chips, chip butty, apple turnovers with fresh cream, crunchies, milky bars, beans on toast, mini rolls…and the rest. I can’t control myself when I am on holiday!!
Hopefully you give this Triple Chocolate Layer Cake a try it really is easy to set up but tastes amazing.
This cake will be made again so soon. I haven’t baked in almost a month and it is killing me!! Honestly what I wouldn’t give to whip up some chocolate chip cookies or cheesecake. Luckily my amazing nan is a baker and made me some coffee cake the other day and rice pudding is next….MMM!!Print
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, at room temp.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 sour cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 regular sized container strawberries, cleaned and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two 9 inch round pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, oil, milk and sour cream mix until fully combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cakes are cool melt chocolate- dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips in individual bowls. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment mix together the first 3 cups of heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Divide into three equal parts. Fold in milk chocolate into one part, dark chocolate into second whipped cream and the white chocolate into the last bit of whipped cream.
- To make ganache in a small saucepan heat heavy cream for 4-6 minutes. In a medium sized bowl pour in chocolate chips and pour heavy cream on top of chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes then stir until completely combined. The hot cream will melt the chocolate. Once combined set aside.
- Cut the two cakes in half and on a serving platter/cake plate place the first layer of chocolate cake, spread with white chocolate whipped cream, place next cake layer followed by milk chocolate whipped cream then a chocolate cake layer then the dark chocolate whipped cream then a chocolate cake layer. Then spread chocolate ganache on top and let drizzle down the sides. Place raspberries on top and store in fridge.
Are you a Cake Lover?