- 1/ 2 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 3 TBSP Butter
- ¼ Cup White Sugar/Brown Sugar Mixed
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl mash bananas. Fold in bananas and sour cream into the bread mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. If you are a fatty like me slice butter thin and place on top of batter sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Let cool. Devour.
So there I was again, an abundance of over ripe bananas sitting on the kitchen countertop. Banana bread would be made tomorrow I thought. The banana bread recipe we use in our family is good, not great, but good.
I set out to find a recipe with sour cream, because, well sour cream makes everything better. I found one that claimed to be the best and and it did include sour cream. So I went for it. And yes it was amazing. SOOO moist. If something is moist I am in love. Moist baked goods are the best. The moisture level and can make or break a recipe.
Anyways, Yes I will make this every time I want banana bread. And I do look forward to making a peanut butter version, chocolate version, biscoff.. you get the point. 🙂 Anyways this was a one bowl, five minute kind of recipe so get to it!