Hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, white pepper, celery and mustard are all you need to make the tastiest Classic Egg Salad Sandwich! You will love this easy Egg Salad Recipe.
One of the most underrated sandwiches of all time is the Classic Egg Salad. Childhood memories for so many people, so why do we shun away from it now? I spent pretty much all of Dec/ Jan in England and I am happy to say that in England I can get my hands on an Egg Salad Sandwich quite easily. The pre-made sandwiches at Marks & Sparks so yummy!! I love a packet of crips with egg salad. It was my go to. Along with some shortbread. My recipe for Brown Butter Shortbread is a favorite.
Then come back to Ammmurica and no egg salad to be found.
A few weeks ago we hosted my sisters Bridal Shower. We made all kinds of sandwiches- coronation chicken, egg salad, tomato basil w/ mozz, turkey and cheddar, cucumber & cc, ham & cheddar, along with more delicious items on the spread. You know the one sandwich so many people came up to me about? Egg salad? “Oh, I just loved the egg salad, reminded me of my childhood beach memories” or “Did you make the egg salad? I loved it, you never see it anywhere!” They were all right it was a spectacular sandwich, hence why I am here today.
Egg salad its typically made with mayo but since I am constantly stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies I try to make healthy subs when I can. In this case I used a combo of mayo and greek yogurt. Then I added in a little bit of yellow mustard, white pepper and celery. Of course you don’t need to add the celery I just enjoy the crunch. Sometimes I throw it in, sometimes I don’t. You decide.
I also like to let the mixture marinate in the fridge for a bit before I serve it. While Egg Salad is typically served between two pieces of bread, I also love it on top of some lettuce (arugula is my fave) with salad veggies. Or if you’re like me (incredibly impatient when it comes to food) you can just use a spoon and go to town.
Either way, I truly do think that Classic Egg Salad Sandwiches should be found more often, its just too yummy!Print
Hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, white pepper, celery and mustard are all you need to make the tastiest Classic Egg Salad Sandwich!
- 5 Large Eggs, Hard Boiled
- 45 Grams (1/3 Cup) Celery, diced
- 2oz Mayo
- 3.5oz Greek Yogurt, Plain
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- In a large pot add eggs and cover with water with lid off put over medium-high heat and let come to a boil. Once the water is boiling turn heat off and put lid on saucepan. Let sit for 10 minutes then place eggs in a ice bath (large bowl with lots of ice and water.) Let eggs chill then store in fridge until ready to use. Peel eggs and rinse before next step.
- Cut egg into small or medium pieces, I like to have some big chunks. I usually cut the egg roughly down the middle, then hold together on top of each other and slice 4 times lengthwise and then 4 times widthwise.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, celery, mayo, Greek yogurt, mustard and white pepper. Mix until combined, season with more pepper to taste.
- Store in fridge. Best if used within 3 days.