Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with Pumpkin Cookie Butter, this recipe screams Fall. You will love this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookie Recipe.
These cookies were inspired by my Cookie Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are a classic cookie for me, a recipe I have made dozens of times.
I saw the Pumpkin Cookie Butter at Trader Joes the other day and immediately thought of a new spin on one of my favorite cookie recipes.
When eating these cookies the essence of “Fall” comes to mind, warm and spicy. And they are chewy! Because although a cakey cookie with a nice frosting is good it ain’t a cookie. You know what I’m sayin? And more often than not pumpkin “cookies” are big and puffy, more cake like than cookie like.
These my friend are chewy pumpkin cookies. I only use one egg yolk, as the pumpkin puree replaces the rest of the eggs.
I hate to admit it but I have made this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookie Recipe 3 times this week. So damn good.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Filled with Pumpkin Cookie Butter
- 2oz Unsalted Butter, browned
- 2 oz Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 Grams/ 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 61 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 240 Grams/ 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 8oz/ 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 6oz Trader Joes Pumpkin Cookie Butter
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the 2 oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 3 more times.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and egg yolk. Mix for 4 more minutes on low-medium speed. Add vanilla extract.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Place dough covered in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat line or parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons balls of dough and press into a disc shape in your hand, using a teaspoon drop the Pumpkin Cookie Butter in the middle of the disc. Pull the edges of the cookie to the middle to cover the best you can, shaping into a ball. It is fine if some of the Pumpkin Cookie Butter is poking out.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Store in air tight container for 5 days.
Want some more cookies?
Chewy Lemon Cookies
Nutella Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sea Salt Double Chocolate Cookies
Chewy White Chocolate Cookies