Can’t believe it’s Thanksgiving! Woah has this year been crazy and I have so much to be thankful for! This year I re visited my love for Banana Bread and all kind of “breads” in general. When I saw this recipe I had to make it.
This bread is dense and moist and amazing. I made it in the late afternoon and by the time it had cooled it was dark outside..I wanted to wait till the next day to photograph. This presented a problem. I could not devour the whole loaf. So I decided I would practice self control. My version of self control was slicing a little bit each time making sure that I wasn’t eating a lot of the bread. Between me and family half the loaf was gone by the end of the night.
I hope all you have a fabulous day spending it with family and friends. And goodluck to all you Black Friday goers. Sadly, I will not be shopping this year. Now that the stores are opening at 9pm and Midnight the whole concept is ruined for me. I miss how it was 8-10 years ago when the stores would open at 4am. It isn’t the same to me anymore.
Make this bread you will not regret it! 🙂
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9X5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix for 1-2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and mix until fully combined. Slowly add 1 cup of flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, ½ tsp of salt and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix until smooth and pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, remaining flour, salt and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, 2 knives or rub it together with your hands. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from: The Picky Palate Cookbook