- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter (2 Sticks), at room temp.
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 cup Chopped Milk Chocolate or Chips
- 1/2 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Fleur De Sel Sea Salt for Sprinkling
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and milk powder.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium (2 T) cooke scoop, scoop the batter into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Once you have scooped the cookies sprinkle sea salt on top and slightly press into the dough. Chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place cookies on a silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Sprinkle more sea salt on top if desired.