I was craving something sweet. I wanted something I couldn’t keep my hands off. Salted Caramel Check! Chocolate chip cookies Check! Heath Bars Check! Salted Caramel & Heath Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies bars were to be made!
The salted caramel provides a gooey texture and a nice depth of flavor to the cookies. The Heath bar provides a nice crunch and extra creamy dreamy chocolate . So with the chewy-ness of the cookies, the crunch of the Heath bars and the gooeyness of the salted caramel these fit the bill.
For me this recipe was super easy, I had cookie dough in the freezer salted caramel in the fridge and a bag of mini Heath Bars in the cupboard.
Does anyone else want to dive right into this?
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I always prefer milk chocolate)
- 20 mini Heath bars
- ½ cup salted caramel
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter, shortening, and sugars. Mix for 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for another 3 minutes on medium speed.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture in 3 portions into the butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Now chill the dough
- Once chilled, spread half of the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and press it down with your fingers.
- Line the dough with mini Heath Bars and pour salted caramel all over.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie dough on top to completely cover the caramel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. You want the dough to look golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing into- the salted caramel can get messy!