This recipe got lost amongst a 100 other drafts. And I don’t know how? Well I do it was Christmas time and I was baking up a storm..literally! I couldn’t control myself. I was baking this, that and everything. Everyday! Including this delicious Salted Caramel Banana Bread!
Anyways this was truly one of my favorites. Salted caramel my new found love swirled in a delicious classic banana bread. This is spectacular and easy. Feel free to use your basic banana bread recipe and just add some salted caramel in it or try this one below. I can speak for this recipe it is moist, banana-y and caramel-y.
This was the “regular” banana bread.
And this my friend was the salted caramel drenched banana bread. Both delicious but this loaf had a little more sparkle to it 😉
The salted caramel was throughout the whole loaf, you never felt gipped of salted caramel!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 5oz container Chobani greek yogurt
- 3 large bananas, very ripe
- 6-8 tbsp of Salted Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl mash bananas. Fold in bananas and sour cream into the bread mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Place tablespoons of salted caramel on top of batter and swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Let cool. Devour.
Recipe adapted from: Banana Bread which was adapted from Mrs. Webers Neighborhood